← Back to Positions
Hours worked: Full-time position with benefits
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Date: January 22, 2024
Central is seeking a Finance Manager who has a passion for serving the church and advancing the mission of Central Church and Resound Project. The ideal candidate has at least 5 years of work experience in finance, accounting, or treasury functions. Reporting to the Senior Pastor, the Finance Manager’s primary responsibility is to oversee the financial operations of Central Church and Resound Project. This person will work directly with Central’s bookkeeper, staff, and officers and will play an integral role on Central’s growing staff.
- Staff Leadership
- Manage the activities of the Finance team by providing direction, ensuring accuracy in accounting and reporting, and maintaining adherence to internal controls.
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Lead the annual budget process and enter the budget into accounting system.
- Monitor actual versus budgeted expenses.
- Maintain and review cash flow projections.
- Financial Statements
- Produce and explain monthly financial statements.
- Coordinate with Communications team to produce quarterly financial updates.
- Enter monthly account allocations and adjustments into accounting system.
- Oversee timely completion of monthly bank and investment account reconciliations.
- Modify and maintain chart of accounts as needed.
- Approve payables and assign posting accounts.
- Ensure proper booking of all gifts and oversee pledge recording, fulfillment, and follow-up communications.
- Generate and distribute annual giving statements.
- Oversee and process bi-monthly payroll functions.
- Manage short-term and long-term investments with investment committee.
- Compile reports for investment committee.
- Protocols and Policies
- Develop and maintain internal protocols and policies.
- Prepare financial materials for external auditors and ensure timely audit completion.
- Facilitate annual property and liability insurance renewal.
- Manage employee benefits enrollment and changes.
- Ensure funding of 403(b) accounts with employer and employee contributions.
- 5+ years of experience in finance, accounting, or treasury work.
- Professional demeanor and demonstrated Christian character.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Great multitasker and resourceful problem solver.
- Self-motivated with a desire and propensity to continually learn.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Flexible and willing to do any and all tasks, great or small, with joy.
- Experience working with Financial Edge or other accounting systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
Expectations of All Central Church Staff
- A personal and growing commitment to Jesus as Lord and Savior in reliance upon his grace.
- A commitment to the authority of Scripture and to a lifestyle that befits a follower of Jesus.
- A willingness to work within the framework of the church’s polity and procedures.
- A willing heart, teachable spirit, positive attitude, flexible nature, and a sense of humor.
- A team ministry commitment which places the good of the whole over individual goals.
- An ability to work collaboratively with staff and volunteers.
- A focus on maintaining proper priorities and boundaries in one’s personal and family life.
- A dedication to Central’s staff values of excellence, integrity, humility, courage, and creativity.
- A commitment to personally support the work of the church through financial gifts and prayer.
- A passion for excellence for the glory of God.
- The Finance Manager will report weekly to the Senior Pastor.
- The Finance Manager will attend weekly staff meetings and work collaboratively with the Communications team to manage all communications with the staff and congregation.
- The Finance Manager will set quarterly and annual goals under the guidance and direction of the Senior Pastor.
- The Finance Manager will meet annually with the Senior Pastor and the personnel committee to review performance based on the elements of this job description and previously established goals.
- Medical, dental and vision plan
- 403(b) retirement plan including employer contribution
- Twenty days of vacation per year plus paid time off for Federal holidays
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume online.